Monday, August 6, 2012

What Alice Forgot

I am currently reading, What Alice Forgot. I was immediately drawn into the character, Alice and the plot of the book. The book begins with Alice falling off a bike in a spin class at the gym. She is brought to the hospital and the reader slowly finds out that Alice does not remember the last ten years of her life. There is a lot that happened in Alice's ten years that she doe not remember. Imagine if you forgot the last ten years of your life? What major events occurred in that period that would have a significant impact on your life if you were to forget that time and let's say, wake up ten years later? I probably relate so well to the book because in the last ten years of my life, I was divorced. That's a big change in a person's life. In the book, Alice remembers how good her marriage was and that's a good thing, except that for Alice life has moved on. For me there was also a good time in my marriage. It would be nice to forget the bad part and just get to the part where we no longer live together yet have children. Because the children are also the good part. 7/6/12


No comments:

Post a Comment